You've waited long enough, the Android version of the Daily Maui Photo App is finally here!
After years of working exclusively with iOS, I'm happy to report that I recently dove into Android and put together Version 1.0 in just a few weeks' time.
While it's only in it's early stages, it's still a great start and just another way to get your Daily Dose of Aloha in the palm of your hand.
Phone Version, For Now
In order to get this first release out first, I made the decision to go with just a Phone version, with plans to add a Tablet version in the near future.
I was able to test this version on an 8-inch tablet, however, and it still looked nice.
For you Kindle Fire users, I haven't been able to focus in on this one yet, but hopefully it's not too far away either.
Before I list out the features and screenshots, I did want to say a big Mahalo to all you loyal fans that have been waiting so long for the Android version.
Although it does require additional work, I'm excited to be able to support two App Stores for this first time, and I hope to bring my other Apps to this platform as well.
Version 1.0 Features - Phone Version
- View the most recent photos featured on the Daily Maui Photo website.
- Mark photos as Favorites and view them later in the Favorites screen.
- View each photo on a map to explore nearby areas.
- View details about the photographers featured in the Daily Maui Photo app.
- Share each photo on Facebook, Twitter, Email, or with the Messaging App.
- Follow along with Daily Maui Photo on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or our Website.
- Learn how to submit your own Maui photos to be featured in the App and online.
New Features Planned
- Notifications each morning when a new Maui photo is available.
- Optimized version for Tablets.
- Enhanced Map view in Phone version to view nearby photos.
- Ability to view more photos by a featured Photographer.
- Home screen widget featuring today's Maui photo.
Phone Version Screenshots
If you like the app, please leave a rating and comment in the Google Play Store and help spread the word with anyone you think would enjoy it.
If you experience problems or feel something could be better, check out the App Support page (coming soon), or let me know at: email@example.com
You can also leave a comment or suggestion at the new official Facebook page setup just for this App.